What’s the difference between N, K and KN editions of Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10?
- Windows N: Multimedia support removed. This version is for the European market and has no Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, and Windows DVD Maker. These components were removed due to sanctions by the European Union (EU) against Microsoft for violating anti-trust laws.
- Windows K: An edition especially for the South Korean market and comes pre-installed with links to other competing instant messaging and media player software.
- Windows KN: A combination of K and N. It has links to other competing IM/MP software, but Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, or Windows DVD Maker have been removed.
N & KN versions can be upgraded to complete Windows installations by adding the Media Feature Pack:
- Windows 10 Media Feature Pack
- Windows 8.1 Media Feature Pack
- Windows 8 Media Feature Pack
- Windows 7 Media Feature Pack
Was this answer helpful ? Yes (31) / No (3)