James Bond: 12(!) actors, and 26 movies in 56 years

6x James Bond

the 6 best-known actors to play 007.

I’ve been looking for a list of all James Bond movies in chronological order myself more than once in the past, so when I eventually found the information I figured I’ll make it a little easier for others to find as well by posting a chronological list here.

The release date for the upcoming Bond movie, ‘No time to die’, has been set to April 3rd, 2020.

26 movies

Casino Royale2006Daniel Craig
Quantum of solace2008
Skyfall2012
Spectre2015
No time to die2020

12 actors

And no less than 12 actors have portrayed James Bond in the media. In chronological order: Barry Nelson, Bob Holness, Sean Connery, Roger Moore, David Niven, George Lazenby, Christopher Cazenove, Timothy Dalton, Michael Jayston, Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig & Toby Stephens. [main source]

(Did you get to 12 when you counted the actors in your head? I didn’t… 😎 )

893,694 views

113 Responses to “James Bond: 12(!) actors, and 26 movies in 56 years

• Robert Steigerwalt
    2 years ago

Roger Moore the best

• The “watch-waking-the-(thought to be)-dead-agent” thing wasn’t from a Bond Movie, but from one called In Like Flint – starring James Coburn

• In memoriam: Sir Roger Moore

• I have a problem with this list I don’t people who played Bond in a spoof should be considered James Bond. Also voice actors I’m kinda on the fence about whether they should be considered an actual portrayal of James Bond.

• Andrew jeffers
      2 years ago

Yes I just want real James Bonds that played in Asheville movies not spoofs or voice overs

• Cary Chiknas
    3 years ago

Are the movies released in the same order as the books? Are the novels written in chronological order? Great article!

• Winus cleyne
    3 years ago

Roger Moore was Ivanhoe,and the saint tv shows from the sixtys,,I like Roger but acting
    You can not whatsoever compare him whit Sean or Daniel……..

• Hitesh Kulkarni
    3 years ago

I love the BOND and off course bonds specially Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnon and Daniel who added their flavors in it.
    Now I’m at my 40s , grown up with Moore, Dalton, lived with Pierce and Daniel , still enjoying and love to watch Tom Hiddleston (my opinion) as next one . will manage also with Tom hardy or Henry cavill (Superman if chosen for bond)

• connery hands down was the best then brunson and then craig and of course daltun now iys 2017 when is the next movie coming out i need my fix and ive seen every movie and to me all the other bond men werent sexy enough

• Domnic Rezoreya
    3 years ago

I love Pierce Brosnan, Daniel Craig Bond movies specially Goldeneye and Casino royale

• By far, the most believable James Bond is Daniel Craig. Come on people, no secret agent can go completely unscathed like Moore or Bronson. Second best is Connery. In last place is Lazenby, what a homely, unattractive fellow. Whomever follows Craig in the Bond series has huge shoes to fill, I hope the producers feel the same way. Ty

• Savannah R Johnson
      2 years ago

Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Pierce Brisbane were the best 007’s. 007 is a suave debonair agent with natural swag. Daniel is good, but definitely not the best!

• Conerey by far. End of discussion

• Amen brother. I’m 63 and cut my youth at the movies on bond films and creature features. Mummy, wolfman, Dracula, King Kong, Godzilla, & the Thing you get the idea.

• By far the best Bond was Sean Connery. He actually got better looking as he got older. Best ever ever ever